The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the parts
list which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
Explanation of Columns (Section IV)
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX
STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467). When using
this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of NIIN the NSN. However, the complete NSN should
be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. Indicates the figure number used to identify each item appearing in the listing. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of
each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like
order). (1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used
to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left. The part number line entry (with NSN, when
available) identifies the first figure/item number appearance for which the part number is applicable. The
part number is not listed for additional figure/item number appearances identified by that part number.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is located in Section II.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.